Category: Buy Lexapro Online
Showing all 2 results
What is Lexapro?
Lexapro is a popular antidepressant that belongs to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) category of medications. People buy Lexapro online to treat major depressive disorders. It helps treat anxiety in adults and major depressive disorder in adults and adolescents of at least 12 years.
Lexapro generic is available with the name escitalopram at a comparatively cheaper rate, but you might not get the desired strength in a generic version. Lexapro affects the level of specific brain chemicals that may not function well or are altered in people suffering from anxiety or depression.
Lexapro is a prescription drug that you can use alone or in combination with other medication, as per the recommendation of your medical healthcare provider. It is still unclear whether Lexapro is safe and effective for children younger than 12 years of age.
What to know before taking Lexapro?
Firstly, do not take Lexapro if you are allergic to it or citalopram (Celexa), or if you also use pimozide or Celexa
Before taking Lexapro, ensure that this medication is safe and effective for you sharing your medical history with the doctor, especially if you have ever had:
- seizures (or convulsions)
- liver or kidney disease
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- low sodium levels in the body
- bleeding problems
- a stroke or attack
- manic depression (bipolar disorder)
- drug addiction, alcoholism, or suicidal thoughts
There are reports of some young people having suicidal thoughts while taking antidepressants for the first time. You may need a medical healthcare provider to check your daily progress at regular visits. Inform the doctor if you notice mood changes or similar symptoms in some taking this medication.
Pregnancy and lactation warnings
You should not take this medication during pregnancy if you do not have your doctor’s permission. Taking antidepressants such as Lexapro during the third trimester of pregnancy may cause severe medical complications in the baby. However, you may face a relapse of depression if you suddenly stop taking your antidepressant.
Tell your medical healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant while taking Lexapro. The doctor may enlist your name on a pregnancy register to keep a check on the Lexapro effects on the baby.
If you are breastfeeding, tell your medical healthcare provider if you notice agitation, drowsiness, poor weight gain, or feeding problems in your nursing infant.
Usual adult dosage of Lexapro for Generalized Anxiety Disorder:
- The initial dose should be 10 mg orally once a day; the doctor may increase the amount of this medication as per your health requirements to 20 mg once a day after at least one week of your treatment.
- The maintenance dose can range from 10 mg to 20 mg orally one time a day.
- The maximum quantity should not exceed 20 mg once a day.
Usual adult dosage of Lexapro for Depression:
- The typical dose is 10 mg orally once a day; your medical healthcare provider may increase the quantity of this medication as per your medical requirements to 20 mg one time a day at least a week after your treatment.
- The maintenance amount can range from 10 mg to 20 mg by mouth once a day.
- The maximum amount should never exceed 20 mg per day.
The typical senior dosage for depression can be 10 mg orally one time a day under proper medical supervision.
Usual pediatric (12 years and older) dosage of Lexapro for Depression:
- The initial dose is 10 mg orally one time a week; your medical healthcare provider might increase the quantity of this medication as per your medicinal needs to 20 mg orally once a day at least three weeks after your treatment.
- The maintenance amount may range between 10 mg to 20 mg orally once a day.
- You should not exceed the daily amount of more than 20 mg once a day.
It is unlikely to have an overdose of Lexapro if you take it according to your doctor’s dosage. Inform your medical healthcare provider if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- low blood pressure
- nausea and vomiting
- sleep problems
- rapid heart rate
- seizures, or coma
What are the side effects of Lexapro?
Like other SSRIs, one can also tolerate Lexapro well enough in comparison with other antidepressants. In general, you may have side effects when you take this medication in high doses. This drug is more likely to cause gastrointestinal side effects, including diarrhea.
Common side effects of Lexapro in adults:
- nausea, sleepiness, dizziness, weakness
- anxiety, sweating, shivering, trouble sleeping
- decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction
- dry mouth, loss of appetite, constipation
- infection, unusual yawning
Common side effects of Lexapro in children and adolescents:
- increased thirst, trouble urinating
- agitation or abnormal increase in muscle movements
- slowed growth and changes in weight
- heavy menstrual periods
Lexapro can rarely cause serotonin syndrome or toxicity. Tell your medical healthcare provider if you notice any of the following symptoms after or while taking Lexapro:
- agitation, sweating, shivering, rapid heart rate
- hallucinations, fever, twitching
- muscle stiffness, diarrhea with nausea and vomiting
- loss of balance or coordination
Severe side effects of Lexapro:
- racing thoughts, feeling of extreme sadness or happiness, unnecessary risk-taking behavior
- tunnel vision, blurred vision, seeing halos around the light, eye pain or swelling
- weight gain or slow growth in children taking this medication or any other SSRI
- burning or pain when you urinate
- severe nervous system reaction- high fever, very stiff or rigid muscles, confusion, sweating, tremors, fast or uneven heartbeats, feeling of passing out
- the low sodium level in the body- headache, slurred speech, confusion, vomiting, severe weakness, feeling unsteady, lack of balance or coordination